|Generation||Anywhere between the|
surface and Lake
The caves can range from very small to tremendously large, and contain many ores and unique plants. There are sometimes small breaks on the surface which lead to these caverns, and occasionally giant ravines creating deep cuts in the earth that expose ores and other potential systems of caves. The fog is very dense down here, and alternative ambient tracks play.
The Cavern layer consists of:
- Betweenstone, extremely commonly
- Swamp Dirt, in patches
- Stalactite, in formations on the floor or ceiling
- Moss, in patches
- Lichen, in patches
- Cave Moss, in clusters hanging from the ceiling
- Thorns, in clusters hanging from the ceiling
- Limestone, in large, relatively uncommon seams
- Sulfur Ore, in common veins
- Slimy Bone Ore, in uncommon veins
- Octine Ore, in relatively common veins at lower levels
- Syrmorite Ore, in uncommon veins
- Pot of Chance, in very uncommon, large clusters
Pots uncommonly spawn in these caves as treasure, using common_pot_loot as their loot table.
|Advancement||In-game Description||Parent||Actual Requirements||ID|
|Enter a cave||Miner||Enter the Cavern or Lake Cavern layer|| miner|
- Release 3.4.0: Added Boulder Sprites to mob spawns.
- Release 3.3.1: Added new ambient tracks.
- Release 3.3.0: Added Advancement.
- Beta 2.0.3: Reimplemented Tar Pool Dungeons into generation.
- Beta 2.0.0:
- Added Ravines and Underground Oases to generation.
- Added Moss and Lichen to decoration.
- Significantly reduced the number of Pots of Chance that spawn.
- Temporarily removed Tar Pool Dungeons from generation.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.
|The Betweenlands Environment|
|Dimensions||The Betweenlands • The Nether • The Overworld|
|Biomes||Coarse Islands • Deep Waters • Marsh • Patchy Islands • Sludge Plains • Swamplands|
|Natural||Cavern (Lake) • Cragrock Spire • Giant Bulb-Capped Mushroom • Giant Hollow Log • Giant Root • Hearthgrove Tree • Nibbletwig Tree • Rubber Tree • Sap Tree • Silt Beach • Spirit Tree • Underground Oasis • Weedwood Tree (Giant • Rotten)|
|Buildings||Cragrock Tower • Druid Circle • Idol Head Statue • Ruins (Underground) • Shrine • Tar Pool Dungeon • Wight Fortress|
|Events||Auroras • Blood Sky • Dense Fog • Heavy Rain • Rift • Snowfall • Spook • Thunderstorm • Winter|
|Mechanics||Aspects • Corrosion • Decay • Food Sickness • Middle Gem Circle • Radial Equipment Menu|
|Other||Advancements • Loot Tables • Music|