The following is a list of all Mobs and other entities that are added by the Betweenlands mod.
For their IDs, see Entity IDs.
- Blind Cave Fish: A small fish that swims in the waters of the Betweenlands caverns.
- Dragonfly: A graceful insect that flies across the dark skies of the Betweenlands.
- Firefly: A glowing insect that flies around and gives off light.
- Frog: A small amphibian that just likes to hop around and mind its own business.
- Gecko: A small lizard that hides in bushes, and can be caged and tested on to discover item aspects.
- Greebling: An elusive gremlin that just loves to sit down and play some music.
- Mire Snail: A peaceful snail that can be farmed, unlike its ornery cousins.
- Root Sprite: A miniature living root that makes its home around larger roots.
- Sporeling: A skittish mushroom creature that prefers living near shelf fungus.
- Greebling Rider: A mischievous gremlin riding a Chiromaw high in the sky.
- Lurker: A large, strong reptilian creature that attacks when provoked.
- Pyrad: A corrupted nature spirit that shoots flames at anyone who provokes it or its tree.
- Angler: A vicious flesh-eating fish that swims around in the waters of the Betweenlands.
- Ash Sprite: Sentient, floating remains that occasionally come out of broken alcove urns.
- Blood Snail: An aggressive snail that can squirt blood-red poison at its enemies.
- Boulder Sprite: A living boulder that hides underground and rolls into unsuspecting players.
- Chiromaw: A hungry bat-like creature that can be found hanging off the roofs of caverns.
- Crypt Crawler: A large, intelligent mole rat that resides in the crypts of the Sludgeon.
- Dark Druid: An insane Druid who chants around a druid altar in the Overworld swamps.
- Emberling Shaman: An Emberling that guards the Sludgeon Tower and wields fiery magic.
- Infestation: A swarm of tiny, bity bugs that will crawl all over your screen.
- Lamprey: A worm-like creature that emerges from the Sludgeon walls to suck in and decay the player.
- Large Sludge Worm: A giant, disgusting skeletal worm that emerges from the Pit of the Sludgeon.
- Leech: A lowly worm that sucks the blood of other living things.
- Living Root: A sentient root that emerges from the Sludgeon walls to strike the player.
- Peat Mummy: An undead skeleton that rises up from the peat and mud to attack the player.
- Shallowbreath: A cloud of sentient fumes that chokes the life out of nearby players.
- Shambler: A shambling monstrosity that can use its long tongue to snatch the player.
- Silt Crab: An annoying crustacean that bites the toes of passersby before scuttling out of reach.
- Sludge: A blob of living goop that lies in wait for prey in the sludge plains.
- Small Sludge Worm: A medium-sized worm that emerges from holes it digs through the Sludgeon.
- Smol Sludge: A miniature blob of goop that hops about in the sludge plains.
- Stalker: An elusive creature that stalks the caverns, waiting for just the right moment to strike.
- Swamp Hag: A common undead creature that wanders the swamps and caverns of the Betweenlands.
- Tar Beast: A hulking monster made out of tar that resides in tar pits.
- Termite: A pesky insect that occasionally come out of broken rotten logs, pots and urns.
- Tiny Sludge Worm: A tiny, young worm that emerges from egg sacs in the Sludgeon.
- Wight: A twisted, spirit-like entity that looks sad on the outside, but lashes out if taken too lightly.
Tamable and Utility Mobs
- Emberling: A fiery salamander-like creature that can be tamed.
- Harlequin Toad: A big, slimy amphibian that can be tamed and ridden.
- Tarminion: A craftable little tar-based creature that will attack hostile mobs.
- Barrishee: A terrifying mechanical abomination that disguises as a door in the Sludgeon.
- Chiromaw Matriarch: A great winged beast that protects its Nest atop the Raised Isles.
- Dreadful Peat Mummy: An incarnation of pure terror that can be summoned out of the ground.
- Primordial Malevolence: A sphere of malignant energy found atop the Wight Fortress.
- Sludge Menace: A massive tentacle of decay that bursts from the pit of the Sludgeon.
- Spirit Tree: A sentient, elderly tree whose power is determined by the wisps surrounding it.
- Chiromaw Hatchling: The egg of a Chiromaw Matriarch, which can be raised as a hatchling.
- Draeton: An aircraft used to soar the skies of the Betweenlands.
- Gallery Frame: Used to display fan art made for the Betweenlands.
- Greebling Corpse: The lootable corpse of a Greebling picked off by a Chiromaw Matriarch.
- Lurker Skin Raft: An emergency raft made from Lurker Skin that can be used as a shield.
- Mire Snail Egg: The product of breeding Mire Snails.
- Moving Wall: A wall that moves back and forth in the bottom level of the Sludgeon labyrinths.
- Sludge Jet Turret: A rotating turret in the Sludgeon labyrinth that shoots sludge at the player.
- Sludge Worm Egg Sac: Can be animated into special arrows or used to hatch sludge worms.
- Spirit Tree Face Mask: Special masks that can be worn or placed for decoration.
- Splodeshroom: A Noxious mushroom that bursts into blinding spores when approached.
- Tunnel Entrances: Holes that appear in the ground during certain events and spawn mobs.
- Weedwood Rowboat: A vehicle used to swim the waters of the Betweenlands.
- Worm Hole: A hole that periodically appears in the Sludgeon walls, spawning Small Sludge Worms.
- Temple Guardian: One of three variants of the stone guardians of ancient temples.
- Mud Golem: A figure assembled with mud to serve the player.
- Prime Wight: The terrible overlord of the Betweenlands.
- See Removed Features
- Release 3.7.0: Added Infestations and Stalkers.
- Release 3.6.1: Renamed Chiromaw Greebling Rider to Greebling Rider.
- Release 3.6.0:
- Added Chiromaw Greebling Riders and Chiromaw Matriarchs.
- Added Draetons, Greebling Corpses, and Chiromaw Hatchlings.
- Beta 3.5.0:
- Added Emberlings, Tiny, Small and Large Sludge Worms, Shamblers, Crypt Crawlers, Ash Sprites, Emberling Shamans, Barrishees, Lampreys, Living Roots, and the Sludge Menace.
- Added Worm Holes, Sludge Jet Turrets, Sludge Worm Egg Sacs, Splodeshrooms, Moving Walls, Tunnel Entrances, and Gallery Frames.
- Renamed Tar Minion to Tarminion.
- Release 3.4.0:
- Added Root Sprites, Boulder Sprites, Greeblings, and the Spirit Tree.
- Added Lurker Skin Rafts.
- Renamed Fire Fly to Firefly.
- Release 3.3.1: Added Smoll Sludges.
- Alpha 3.0.0: Renamed Gas Cloud to Shallowbreath.
- Beta 1.0.4: Added Gas Clouds.
- Beta 1.0.2: Added Frogs and Harlequin Toads.
- Beta 1.0.0: Introduced.
|The Betweenlands Mobs|
|Passive||Blind Cave Fish • Dragonfly • Firefly • Frog • Gecko • Greebling • Mire Snail • Root Sprite • Sporeling|
|Neutral||Greebling Rider • Lurker • Pyrad|
|Aggressive||Angler • Blood Snail • Chiromaw • Crypt Crawler • Dark Druid • Emberling Shaman • Infestation • Lamprey • Leech • Living Root • Peat Mummy • Shallowbreath • Shambler • Silt Crab • Sludge (Smol) • Sludge Worm (Large • Small • Tiny) • Sprites (Ash • Boulder) • Stalker • Swamp Hag • Tar Beast • Termite • Wight|
|Tamable & Utility||Emberling • Harlequin Toad • Tarminion|
|Chief||Barrishee • Chiromaw Matriarch|
|Boss||Dreadful Peat Mummy • Primordial Malevolence • Sludge Menace • Spirit Tree|
|Other Entities in The Betweenlands|