Wait, if that's not the boss... then what is?
|Health||600 ( x 300)|
|Damage||Easy: 3-4 () |
Normal: 5-6 ()
Hard: 8-9 ()
|Drops|| Ring of Dispersion (1)
Amulet Slot (1)
Description[edit | edit source]
The Sludge Menace is a boss that can be found in the Pit of Decay. It lacks interior bones, unlike other transparent sludge mobs, and has a custom boss theme.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Sludge Menace is a giant tentacle of sludge that rises from the depths of the Sludgeon. It has a custom boss health bar and battle music as well as being the largest Betweenlands boss so far, being 9 blocks at full height.
During its boss fight it will deal basic melee damage as well as using these additional attacks against its adversaries:
- It will sometimes slam the ground, spawning 'sludgy' particles, then get up slowly.
- It will do pierce-like attack, by folding on itself before throwing its 'head' on the player, dealing damage on contact.
- It sometimes will turn on itself at a fast speed, dealing damage on contact. For dodging this, the player needs to be cautious about where the sludge menace is located when turning. If it is up high, the player can stay in place. If it is down low, the player needs to use a shield for blocking it.
- It can grab the player while regenerating his health as long as it holds you. You can free yourself by hitting the Sludge Menace until it lets go. A shield works best to block the attack.
- When the player is far away and up high, the menace will shoot bouncy wads of sludge all around itself, applying slowness on hitting the player.
- It can summon Leeches, Sludge Worms and Sludge Worm Egg Sacs on the ground. During this attack it also shoots bouncing wads of sludge. It does this by siphoning them through its body from underground, then firing them at the player.
Upon death, the Sludge Menace will use a custom death animation, flailing about before receding into the ground and leaving behind its drops as well as a lot of experience.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Sludge menace attack 1.ogg:
Sludge menace attack 2.ogg:
Sludge menace attack 3.ogg:
Sludge menace attack 4.ogg:
Sludge menace death.ogg:
Sludge menace hurt 1.ogg:
Sludge menace hurt 2.ogg:
Sludge menace hurt 3.ogg:
Sludge menace living.ogg:
Sludge menace spawn.ogg
Sludge menace spit 1.ogg
Sludge menace spit 2.ogg
Sludge menace spit 3.ogg
|Advancement||In-game Description||Parent||Actual Requirements||ID|
Not A Boss...?
|Seal the Pit of Decay and defeat the Sludge Menace||Secret of the Crypt||Kill the Sludge Menace||fighter|
History[edit | edit source]
- Release 3.6.0: Added new sounds.
- Release 3.5.0: Introduced.